Re: Correct name

Carol Jurd wrote: << I bought a plant at our Society's sale table the
other night (can't resist a bargain!). The label is a little unclear but
looks like P. peliniflorum or feliniflorum.  I can't find either name in
the species lists and wonder if anyone has ever heard of either name.
The foliage looks a bit like P crispum but lacks the scent.  It is about
to flower so I may be able to provide some further details then. >>

In my files the only species a *bit* alike in *name* is:
P. ionidiflorum ((Eckl. & Zeyh.) Steud. 1841), flower: cyclamenpink,
magenta heart; small lobed/indented leaves, trailing habit; section:
Reniformia; size: 25-40 cm; origin: E Cape Province, Albany, SA; fresh
sweet scented leaf, flowers throughout the year.
Some others might also do, but they are mostly Otidia-pellies so very
succulent in stem and I don't think yours is from the description you
gave. Let us know when it flowers!
Mimy Sluiter
cats: <http://welcome.to/Manx> mailto:manx1@wxs.nl
politics: <http://welcome.to/d66.noordholland> mailto:m.sluiter@d66.nl