Re: Digest Number 331

Chuck wrote:
>A follow up to the photo. This is an SDB. I was hopeing people would >see
>it as a BB or TB as the form makes me think TB.

I saw it as an IB. The standards are too open for a TB. It is similar in
form to some of Barry Blyth's newer IB's.

>I'm glad several others have noted the "proto horns".

Do you mean that the beards protrude a little longer than normal? I thought
that to be the case. Is this related to SA genetics?

>It is a very slow increaser for a SDB and I have been speculating >that it
>may have IB genetics. That is 12/12/12/8 for the chromosme.

I imagine CELCIUS, from Barry Blyth, has strange genetic. It seems to be
fertile on everything. Are IB's generally slower increasers than SDB's? My
CHERRY CHILD X YES babies have up to 8 increases so far (It's early Autumn -
I planted them in May last year.)

>The width of the flower is much better then either parent and may be >a
>result of its chromosome structure.

I thought this of BEING BUSY, when I saw it. Do you know if it has any TB or
IB breeding in it?
I enjoyed your photo, and hope you will delight us with many more. I'm
hoping some of my seedlings are worthy of showing of on Iris-photos in
Cheers, Jan Clark, in Australia

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!