Re: [ Rainbow River Irises. ]

BigAlligator@aol.com wrote:

     Here is a photo of a bloom on the wild Irises growing in and along the
edge of the Rainbow River inside Rainbow Springs State Park.  Does anyone
know what species of Iris this is?  I can get to this spot in about 15
minutes--five minutes driving , the walking for 10.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.

It looks like Iris virginica. I have seen the same plants in bloom in Florida,
although usually starting about early to mid March.

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!