Re: [Re: Re : Versicolor seedling ]

Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com> wrote:

>	MIME Type: multipart/alternative
>This is a versicolor seedling that I have been growing and considering for
>introduction. Could I get comments from people familar with versicolors as
>the merits and/or uniqueness of this plant? Thanks

I'm no expert, but I have not seen a versicolor so pale before.  I really
like it.  I'm working in the opposite direction though, towards darker
versicolors (black) so I haven't been paying attention to the lighter
shades out there.>

The photos are from a few years age. Nothing is blooming here yet. Southern
Ontario, Canada. It will be a few weeks yet before the first pumillas and the
MDBs.
These photos   were from slides scaned onto CD by Kodak. The price per slide
is reasnonable but the total CD with 100 photos gets expensive. The quality is
excellent and then you can play  with them in any photo manipulation program.
I just got a digital camera and will have to try it when things are in bloom.
I beleive you are correct about using the highest setting and then changing,
If the camera has a TIF setting then usse that allthough the memory only
contains one or two photos before downloading is required.
Are your versicolors blooming already?  Surely that's a photo from last
year??

By the way, that's a great photo (and so is Dorothea KW).  I just figured
out that the low-quality setting on my camera will NOT take well-focused
images.  I have to set it on high-quality and then reduce the dpi later to
get a manageable file.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html

Your high school sweetheart-where is he now?  With 4.4 million alumni
already registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll
find her here. Visit your online high school class reunion at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/3139/0/_/503733/_/956227211/