Re: RE:Getting the joke/Thornbird

Patrick Orr wrote:

> Speaking of  Thornbird, I grew it this year to see what it REALLY looked
> like.
>
> Every picture I have seen of it has been different, COMPLETELY, and I
> understand the shading varies depending on location.

> When I returned from Dallas, TBird was blooming in my garden, and WOW, what
> a different look it had to it!  It really looked VICTORIAN in my garden, so
> I had to take a picture of it.
>
> I am sad to say, however, that my picture couldn't grasp the true color of
> this flower, no matter what angle or flash I tried to capture it, but I came
> pretty dang close.

Wow! Was it really anything like that pale?

The form and appendages look like Thornbird, but yours seems almost
white. Mine is a much more obnoxious darker color. And I've grown it
since a year after introduction.

Gerry, thinking that whover came up with the name "Shear Horror"
deserves the Nobel Prize for iris names, passing Allan Ensminger, Tom
Burseen, and Brad Kasparek
--
mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair

Get paid for the stuff you know!
Get answers for the stuff you donít. And get $10 to spend on the site!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2200/0/_/503733/_/957145738/