  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] FIRST REGISTRATION!
  • From: "Francesca R Thoolen" <irisgirl2@home.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 07:16:26 -0700

Jimmie, Last year and this year it was 10" or less tall. I suppose that could change, if it behaves like the SDB's, i.e., when it is early in the season low and if it blooms later, maybe a little taller. Time will tell. I hope it will stay at 10" since the size of the flower is proportionate to its height. It only has one flower per stem, as expected, since it is 1/2 aril and 1/2 pumila, but if it behaves like its half-siblings, it will make a spread of a lot of stems and should make up for it.  It is being tested in several places where winters get cold and hope I will be able to get reports on them.