Re: Here's a howdedoo

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Here's a howdedoo
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:31:04 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., Sandy Ives <rives@r...> wrote:
> Hmmmm, that would make an interesting name for  a new cultivar.
> Anyone recognize this?  The rhizome (which will remain nameless) is in
> an introduction bed.  It has since been treated with a blowtorch (the
> ground is still frozen).

Hi Sandy,
This looks like Botrytis, I often get it with large plants from
Oregon. The cure is to soak in a Benelate solution for a short period
of time before planting (about 10-15 minutes), longer and there is
damage to the roots of the plants.

Chuck Chapman
Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Buy Stock for $4.