Re: dwarf iris

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: dwarf iris
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" <doyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:26:18 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

This looks like Iris setosa, a species iris. If very short ( 8-12")
it could be Iris  setosa Canadensis, the Canadian subspecies.

Thanks Chuck, yes these are very short and grow from bulbs much like dutch iris do. I really didn't know what they are. I think they came as a free gift when I bought something else. They come up every year and I always wonder what they are until they bloom.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor