re: i.setosa, i. versicolors, i. spuria Christy Hensler

  • Subject: [iris-photos] re: i.setosa, i. versicolors, i. spuria Christy Hensler
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" <doyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:17:37 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Christy, I just got back from lunch and on that trip I took the opportuny to read in a book I've got called Iris by Fritz Kohlein. It's an old book published in 1987 and when I got it I was a bit disappointed because there were so few colored pictures. However now that I've joined this list I find myself referring to this book almost everyday. I looked at the i. setosa and the i. vericolors and think my little iris is not quite like them. According to the book, they can be used as a water plant too, and I have very dry arid conditions here. I found a picture of i. spuria that is closer but still not quite the same. This book says i. spuria prefers hot summers and dry climate. Let me tell you, I have both and it is thriving. It is even increasing, something my dutch iris have not done.
please forgive my not replying directly to your post. For some reason my e-mail program has stopped replying. Just locks up. Gotta get that fixed.
Pearl in Tx zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor