Re: Re: AB: Kuala Lumpur

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: AB: Kuala Lumpur
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:57:19 EDT

In a message dated 4/23/2003 8:13:14 AM Central Daylight Time, chris.darlington@sympatico.ca writes:
This 1/4 bred grows like heck up here in my zone 4 garden.  Last year
it was littered with medium blue virus marks, it looked completely
different.  This is the first iris up here in my garden.  I expect to
see it around June 1st.  Still "a long dark road" until bloom season
up here in duck land

I have two photos of this arilbred on my hard drive. One which was posted sometime back and the one posted most recently. Both appear pure aril in form. The form is similar but the color variation is rather dramatic. Irrespective of the possibility of one being mislabeled, camera differences, blah, blah, blah...... Do you know if arilbreds have a greater propensity to exhibit wide color variations dependent on climate conditions?

You had best not get me started on ducks. I have nearly as many duck calls as irises. The irises are more consistent than the calls and the calls are more consistent than ducks in Mississippi hill country.

Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor