RE: HYB: Another seedling

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB: Another seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:24:36 -0700

People who fall in love at first sight often fall out of it after a few good looks.  Someday I hope to refrain from posting pictures of seedlings until I have grown them for a few years.

The two-tone pink that rewarded my early rising last week melted in the hot sun by the end of the day.

The red-purple seedling posted yesterday is found to have fine white dots on all of its falls that detract from the flower.  Oh well, no one said it was easy to find a perfect seedling.

The Pond Lily X Purple Pirouette cross only had two that survived the die off of 2002.  Both are lovely, both flawed.  I think I will try that cross again if I can find those two blooming at the same time.  This is the second time PP babies have had those bright yellow beards.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9