Vossen sdlg

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Vossen sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 20:25:59 -0600

V361 from Carole Vossen.  I don't know if this is OGB or OGB+.  The signal
area is pretty nice.  The Norris seedling I posted earlier this week has a
signal as opposed to a signal pattern.  The signal on the Norris seedling
was raised and nappy.  Seeing one that does what the species oncos do is
quite something.  The only time I've seen one bloom in my yard that was the
raised signal was a one time bloom on I. jordana.  This one straddles the
line, so I'll look when I have a new bloom tomorrow.  Lots of veining on
what can only be described as gray for the ground color.  Acquired from the
ASI sale so I can't confirm from a written description whether this is
correct or not.  I suppose the seedlings from the sale are rejects for some
reason or another, but have possible value as parents.  Not sure.  Anyway it
has not been introduced so far as I know.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links