  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] ZERZURA
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:05:39 -0600

OGB type AB.  Hager '89.  Along with SHEBA'S JEWEL, a white AB.  The falls
are actually the color of raw sugar when they first open, but get more white
as they age.  The effect of the two plants is quite different.  Tom Greaves
posted a super photo of SHEBA'S JEWEL in March.  My own photo of it doesn't
compare.  I have seedlings from Z using DESERT MOONLIGHT pollen.  They
should give some pretty things.  They may result in a somewhat dull batch of
seedlings though.

My last photo tonight.  I was so pleased with the photo and being able to
take one without the wind blowing.  It's usually trying to catch a moving
target in the little view finder and hoping they aren't too badly distorted.
But the wind just died today in late afternoon.  John Jones posted one of
ZERZURA last year that gave better detail.  I just liked my photo this time!

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image