Re: I. versicolor

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] I. versicolor
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerry.snyder@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 12:32:20 -0700

Hensler wrote:

> Gerry,
> You wouldn't happen to have a photo of JW?
> I looked up the description in the Checklist and it sounds luscious but I
> would have thought that black stems were more common to I. robusta
> (versicolor-virginica).

Here is a pic of a semi-horizontal stalk (must be the weather--couldn't
be my gardening skills), showing a bit of the color. I. unguicularis is
behind it, and the stuff on the ground is droppings from the liquidambar
tree hanging over.

Gerry Snyder
AIS Director, Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair
in warm, winterless Los Angeles -- USDA zone 9b, Sunset 18-19

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image