Yellow Glaciata Seedling 3800-M

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Yellow Glaciata Seedling 3800-M
  • From: "Dan Meckenstock" <dmeck@eaglecom.net>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:04:18 -0000

Your yellow glaciata seedling 3800-M caught my eye. Appears to be a
nice clean glaciata.  Would you call it a lemon-ice or something
else? Have you self polinated it? I'd like to know what color
segregates you get out of it.  It would help you classify it if
you decide to release.

Good luck

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "J. Paul Hill" <lacedgables@y...>
> Chubby cheeks always gives me something to think about when I make
crosses with it, but this had me really surprised.   It was the only
one of its kind to come out of the cross 3200-M  (Chubby Cheeks x
Fancy Woman).  Most of the seedlings were blends of plicatas and
luminatas. There were some pure plicatas and two pure luminatas.  But
this one was a glaciata, a reverse amoena glaciata at that!  Does any
one know of other glaciata medians out there?  I personally have
never seen one before this...I'm sure they have happened ,  I just
don't know of any....
> It blooms E-M of the TB season.  Is 23" tall and as you can see has
great branching. Two branches and five buds. There is a blush of
yellow at the hafts and NO lines anywhere even deep into the throat.
It is even fertile and I have seeds planted.  I hope to see them
sprout this spring.  Another really interesting thing about this is
that just as the first stalk ended its bloom, another stalk shot up
and started the cycle all over again.  All this in its first year of
bloom.  I wonder if this feature will continue as it ages,....You can
bet that this is one I have my eyes on this next spring....Paul

Yahoo! Groups Links