Re: RAMAYANA family portrait

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RAMAYANA family portrait
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:34:10 EDT

In a message dated 4/6/2004 9:36:48 PM Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
I still can't make this system work, but it's some better.  So who's the

I'd side with LUELLA DEE.

I've used HEARTSTEALER a lot with other pinkish-lilac types, producing an array of variations in that color family.  Five offspring do not a statistical analysis make -- but I'd be shaking my head over two out of five nonconformists as well as the two out of five with significantly larger signals than either parent.

On the other hand, LUELLA DEE clearly carries the larger signal, so all five offspring are logical possibilities on that point.  As for the color variation, ones of LD's grandparents is TUESDAY SONG -- and TS is well-known for transmission of pinkish tones in future generations.  Overall, this variation is exactly what I'd expect to see from crossing LD with something of RAMAYANA's appearance.

Now, if I haven't yet put you to sleep....

HEARTSTEALER and LUELLA DEE share a grandparent:  TUESDAY SONG.  It is not only an established breeder for pinkish-lavender and pastel tones, but a proven carrier of tangerine pink.

RAMAYANA comes from a completely different line.  It was produced by backcrosses and sib crosses tracing to PINK FORMAL. While pinkish-lavender in appearance, it is probably a carrier of tangerine pink.

So....   Even if you don't agree with my analysis, I do hope you'll watch for pixellated pinks among the offspring and USE THEM. [Actually, I'd take a magnifying glass to each of the five you've shown.]

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links