Re: Yellow Glaciata Seedling 3800-M

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Yellow Glaciata Seedling 3800-M
  • From: "Dan Meckenstock" <dmeck@eaglecom.net>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:41:24 -0000

Dan's Reply:

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not sure the lemon ice has been
identified genetically, that's why I am interested in this seedling.
If you have the time/garden space, I'd like to suggest you self
pollinate 3800-M this Spring. I'd like to know if it throws any
white, cream, pink, or orange flowered plants. This would go a long
way in clasifying it.

The pink cross will be interesting, but you will not know which
parent is contributing the color if you get something other than
yellow or pink. If you get some whites out of the pink x yellow
cross you made last year, then there is hope you can develop the
line to get darker/deeper yellows/pinks. What other colors are in
your pink ground luminata? You could be in for a surprise if you
opened up the anthocyanin pathway.

Regards

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "J. Paul Hill"
<lacedgables@y...> wrote:
> Dan:  Thanks for noticing my glaciata seedling.  It was really a
treat to see it bloom last year.  If you live in Calif. or oare
going to the convention, Superstition Gardens have a few plants
growing there.  It multiplied quickly but this will only be its
second year bloom.  I was able to cross it to a pink ground luminata
seedling that I have that is a TB.  Those seeds will sprout this
year I hope... I would love to see it cross to a SDB.
> I don't know what the difference between a lemon-ice or a
glaciata, but it is a reverse amoena glaciata.  The only one that I
know of in a Median.....I'll post any results on this site but it
may be a year or so....I'll be posting other things soon,,,,,,Paul

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511