Re: BEDOUIN CHILD

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] BEDOUIN CHILD
  • From: "Patrick Orr" <irisdude@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:45:43 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:45:43 -0700

Hi Donald,

Thank you so much for posting this picture!  It looks exactly like the photo I posted tonight.  Perhaps they are the same.  My photo originally captured the colors the same as yours, but I messed with it to brown it up a bit in my photo editor, to get it closer to the color it had while sitting next to my computer.  Still and all, it was a bit off even after I tweaked the coloring the best I could.

Now, here is my big question...are there beards on the inside of the falls.  There are on my flowers.

I thought this feature, along with the veining and narrowness of the falls would make this more of a regeliacyclus than an OGB+ as you described.

The registration states: BEDOUIN CHILD
    (H. McKusick, R. 1973). AR, 20" (51 cm), E.
    S. red-brown with some markings of stolonifera but lighter; F. same; overall color is darker and richer than stolonifera; metallic blue beard. I. stolonifera X unknown C. G. White oncogeliabred. Aril Society 1974.

I. Stolonifera is a regelia, isn't it?  And the unk oncogeliabred used in the cross had part regelia in it.  So, wouldn't that make it more regelia than Onco?

I am not that well versed on AB terminology as I would like to be, so please forgive my questions.  I am striving to learn Smiley emoticon

Patrick Orr
Phoenix, AZ  Zone 9
USA