CULT: Glaciatas and Luminatas

  • Subject: [iris-photos] CULT: Glaciatas and Luminatas
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:55:32 -0700

Some posts on iris-photos have re called a previous discussion of
luminatas and glaciatas. At the time I meant  ask, but never got to it.
So here goes:

I was under the impression that the descriptive terms used by the AIS
for irises e.g., Amoena, neglecta, self etc were "visuals". That is you
can apply the term by just looking at the iris. If it looks like a what
a luminata is supposed to look like, its a luminata, regardless of what
genetic or constructive factors cause it to look like that. As the old
saying goes, if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, its a

I am not sure I understand how you can say something is a particular
type because of the lack of this or the presence of that IF those
factors do not cause the iris to visually look like what the definition
calls for.