  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] DESERT EMBROIDERY
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:30:23 -0500

I try every year.  The latest being this afternoon.  So far I have not gotten any results either by the pollen, which looks good to the eye (no microscope used) or as a pod parent.  But I can't stress enough that under my usual dry, windy conditions that heretofore failure proves that it cannot be a parent.
by Donald Shepard.  This nice one is not what I
usually expect in appearance from the type.  It's the result of an OGB X
OB-.   Most OGB- types that I've seen or grown do not have as much aril
character showing as this one.

It was registered in 1983, under the old quantum system.  Analyzing its pedigree, it could be either an OGB- or an OGB under the present system.  My money would be on OGB, but it would take some serious testing to prove one way or the other.

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links