  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:19:10 -0500

This is a purported MACHO HOMBRE X KOKO KNOLL sdlg.  It was, I thought, the
most interesting of them even though it is the poorest grower with the
poorest branching.  The dusty rose overlay (it's actually darker than
depicted) over the apricot ground is different.  As Sharon said in an
earlier post, fertility has improved some in the group.  Overall they are
difficult to set seeds on using AB pollen.  I have two bloomouts that
bloomed this year from siblings.  Different AB parents, but both seedlings
had a signal pattern.  There are several more that should bloom (also will
be bloomouts), so I will be interested if they pick up the signal pattern as
well.  Difficult or not, it could make them good parents to use with ABs.
They look like good TBs with high bud count and branching, so I'm trying to
determine if the cross is really correct or not.  May never really know.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image