Re: MARBLED MOHR

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: MARBLED MOHR
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:44:24 -0400

Donald, I think you can quite safely assume Marbled Mohr came from an unreduced gamete in William Mohr.  The diploid hybrid has no other fertility.  Other than in color it does resemble its oncocyclus parent, *I. gatesii*, rather a lot.

Austin's "William Mohr, Giant" is another matter, with behavior significantly different from the authentic William Mohr. Tell was detailed and scrupulous in record keeping and if he had used Austin's "Giant" would have specified it in the registration.  He did eventually list the "Giant" (if I remember rightly) in his catalog, but I don't believe he ever registered any seedlings from it.

Your photo is a delight.  Thanks for posting it!

Neil Mogensen   z   7   western NC

.

Yahoo! Groups Links