  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] IB-MAC
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:11:13 -0500

OB type AB, historic.  Van Tubergen '10.  1910 was a while back.  I think
this is considered the first balanced amphidiploid, but at the time it was
the only one so there weren't others to cross with it.  It would also be a
species cross as it's indicated cross is I. iberica X I. macrantha.  I'd
hoped for a better photo, but any opportunity for that is gone.  It is the
sort of thing I simply can't resist using and it appears I used it
successfully.  Sharon will forgive me, I think, if those pods via ALRIGHT
ALREADY yield some live plants down the way.  I hope they hang on and

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image