Re: Re: Aging Arilbreds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Aging Arilbreds
  • From: Cathy <kittencampi@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:17:45 -0700

arilbredbreeder@cs.com wrote:
In a message dated 4/17/2004 1:21:06 PM Mountain Daylight Time, neilm@charter.net writes:
Sharon, I'm just being curious, but what is your elevation and how clear is your air?  The fading of your seedling is only slight, judging by the photo of the two blooms.

I'm at roughly 4000' above MSL and the air is still relatively clear.  I have examples of much more obvious antocyanin fading, but chose this photo because of its mixture of pigments.

Maybe its worth mentioning that you live in an oasis in the hot arid high mesa desert with the harsh desert sun beating down on you just a few miles from the Mexican Border ..

Michael M , Stockton Ca.

Yahoo! Groups Links