Unknown Blue

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Unknown Blue
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" <pdoyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:36:22 -0500

My Garden has produced a few surprises this year. This nice ice blue iris was among them. I moved the rhizome from a bed I've had planted for about 12 years. I had marked it as possibly the lavender and white iris that had bloomed the year before from that spot. It doesn't match anything I've ever had so I'm stumped. My only explanation is that during ten years of neglect, some busy little bee pollinated something and this is the result. Since it didn't have a name, I told my husband he could name it. We're calling it Polar Bear. Love the Sun is the yellow iris in the picture.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image