AT LAST seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] AT LAST seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:32:44 -0500

Well, I posted the AB cross family that bloomed this year.  This one bloomed
first last year and the pollen parent was the TB TRAITOR.  It hasn't been
the best grower, but it has survived some truyly awful conditions.  I had
hoped the pinching at the bottom of the falls would disappear this year, but
looks like it is an unfortunate feature.  In the old quantum system this
would be considered 1/8 since the cross that produced would have been 1/4 x
TB.  My own visual appraisal would put it in the 1/4 category.  It has a
nice smokey flavor to the colors.  If it will set pods it might be an
interesting intermediate step toward a better AB.  It produces pollen, but
it's so late there isn't any AB to use on and see if it will set a pod that
way.  It's the only seedling of it's type that I've grown.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511