Re: What to do?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] What to do?
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:54:08 -0400

The colors seem to be sort of haphazardly distributed, Paul.  Maybe it will be blooming when you drop by, and we can discuss it as seen in the garden.  If you're coming up this Saturday, that would be fine.  I'm located about 3 - 4 minutes north up the George Washington Memorial Parkway from Mount Vernon.  Coming from the south, your best bet is to get off I-95 at the Lorton exit and head east less than a mile to Route 1, then go north past Fort Belvoir to the next intersection, where the George Washington Memorial Highway comes in from the right.  Turn right there and stay on it to Mount Vernon.  From Mount Vernon, take the Parkway north.  The third street on your left is Vernon View Drive.  Turn left there and Battery Road will be the third street on your right.  Turn into it, and my house is the first one on the left, 8924 Battery Road.  You'll see the irises in front.  The weather forecast for the next few days is good, but you may remember that it's fickle.
These directions are good for anyone else who may be in the area any time and want to drop by.  --  Griff