Re: another ROSEMOHR X ESTHER, THE QUEEN seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: another ROSEMOHR X ESTHER, THE QUEEN seedling
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:39:24 -0000

> That is one beautiful pink arilbred,

This is a good example of a photo misrepresenting the effect, I
think.  There is nothing wrong about the photo, but it simply
doesn't look this good in live time.  The color isn't wrong, but the
photos gives it life not visible when you're there.  Some irises,
like this one, tend to take flattering photos.  Others, like the
seedling I like, tend to go the opposite direction.  I like my
photos to be accurate, and I also want the iris at it's best.  So
I'm not fond of wind distortion, bug or weather damage.  I guess
what I want is a truthful 8x10 glossy as opposed to an
unrealistically flattering 8x10 glossy  A lot of iris just seem to
show better colors in a photo, others won't show the real effect.
Mostly, I'm relatively satisfied but not here.  The width, form,
dark brushing on the falls are okay: the overall color is the same
only it's dull.

Yahoo! Groups Links