  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SATAN'S MISTRESS
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:00:42 -0500

TB, but genetically could be an RB-, Seligman, 1982.  The Checklist says
this is introduced by Spellman, but I think that's not correct.  This has
extraordinary color quality.  It's early in the season, non-fading and the
photo simply doesn't do it justice but it's still the best one I've ever
managed to get.  I've used it for the pollen parent with TBs and the color
qualities transmit to a high degree.  I haven't worked further with those
because they are TBs and most of my daubing involves ABs.  It set seeds
using AB pollen last year but they didn't germinate.  I've never gotten
seeds before, even with TBs, though I've tried often enough.  Bob Van Liere
has posted some seedlings that listed this as a parent on this list.  A
really nice yellow one that fascinated me.  I got a nice, suicidal yellow
using VANITY as the pod parent, but that's been the only yellow.  A lot of
the seedlings are still around because they have such remarkable color.
Even if they don't measure up otherwise, they are great to see with their
color.  I'm enjoying a passel of them now.  I really do have to scrunch my
eyes up tight and toss them.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links