seedling blooming today

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] seedling blooming today
  • From: willwarner@alltel.net
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:04:20 -0500

This is my first seedling to bloom this year.  It's way ahead of everyone
else.  Unknown parentage from SDB pods. Closest parent it resembles is
Kiwi Slices.  I made crosses on the SDB's that year, but didn't keep track.
It's either one of my crosses or a bee pod.  I put IB and TB pollen on
them, who knows what the bees did. :) This little seedling is extremely
vigorous.  It germinated last spring, and is blooming a year later.  The
other seedlings that germinated then arn't even close to it.  They are all
only 1-3 fans while this one has 6-7.  It's 12" within SDB, but the flower
is really big for an SDB, and it's maiden bloom, so who knows what it'll
do next year. I'd guess it's an IB, just short this year.  Ruffled with good
Will Warner
Zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image