RE: Photo that is not Victoria Falls

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: Photo that is not Victoria Falls
  • From: matbeach1@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:07:03 -0400

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I see that you are right that it’s not VF. Drat! I really want to know what it is. I looked up Altruist, and that might be it. It looks very, very close most of the pictures of Altruist; however, isn’t it interesting how different the shades of blue appear in different areas. I have a transplant here in my garden from that light blue and the stalk at present is as hard and rigid as a steel cable! I have never seen an iris plant with a stalk so strong.

Anyway, the irony is that I have Victoria Falls –first year plant – two flowers down from the lighter blue, and I could compare them up close if VF would just cooperate and bloom, which apparently it is not going to do this year! Who knows, though, I’m still holding out hope.

Thanks,
Mike in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Zone 8

Yahoo! Groups Links