Re: 703-2A Seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] 703-2A Seedling
  • From: petalpusherpaul@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 17:51:30 EDT

In a message dated 4/4/2006 5:45:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:
Just found pink showing on SWEETHEARTS AGAIN.  It bloomed for me the first fall, but not last year in the heat.
Usually the first few blossoms have some slight discoloration because the flowers develop so early....but after the first few have gone the rest are smooth and two shades of pink.  Please let me know how it goes for you.  I have found that if left unmoved for three it really picks up steam and goes gangbusters, throwing up bloom stalks throughout most of the SDB season.  Here is a seedling photo of (Sweethearts Again x Cachet) It's not the best parent, but when crossed to the right stuff, it can have some very interesting seedlings.....
    I've only seen this for one season, so no reports on rebloom for this guy, but I've back crossed it to Sweethearts Again and have my fingers crossed.   Paul