Re: Re: TB: REB: Seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB: REB: Seedling
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 20:47:33 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 20:47:33 -0600

Send some to New Mexico too.  Nothing measurable here since September.  I would love to see something like that here (it's been a few years since I saw a real puddle here - at least Arizona got a good dousing last summer - not here).

First Iris bloomed a few days ago (not counting I. reticulata and kin, which finished some time ago) - 'Golden Cataract' wins this year.  Today a couple of I. pumila (a yellow and a purple), 'Florentina', and I. germanica opened flowers.  Funny, not even a bud showing on any SDB yet, lots of nearly full-size stalks on IB's and some fair-sized ones on AB's - go figure.

Dave