Re: HYB: Border bearded Seedling Photo

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Border bearded Seedling Photo
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:23:02 -0500

Really Lovely Margie and that fine ruffling is great!  I have never grown Border Beardeds.  This might make me start! :)
Linda in Lascassas

On 4/5/06, margiempv@aol.com <margiempv@aol.com> wrote:
A few days ago this new Border Bearded seedling put a smile on my face.  (No seedling number on this one yet  - - it bloomed before it was even a year old.)  I suspect it may be a rebloomer.  Parentage: Lichen (RE) x Exquisite Design
 Heavy, heavy substance, and nice ruffling. The white beard and thin near-white edges were nice finishing touches.  I'm hoping for better bud count next year as it matures.  Looks as if there is only 5 on this stalk this year.
~ Margie  Valenzuela