Re: (Cats Eye x Chanted) seedling 204-A

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] (Cats Eye x Chanted) seedling 204-A
  • From: petalpusherpaul@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 07:17:37 EDT

In a message dated 4/7/2006 12:27:38 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, jgcrump@erols.com writes:
That's a humdinger, Paul.  What class is it?
Griff:  This is the first year for this seedling 204-A, so things could and usually do change some, but right now it stands about 11" tall.  Both parents are SDBs, but 'Cats Eye' has gown out of class at times for Paul Black, (if I remember his words correctly.)  I've lost 'Cats Eyes' during my garden move so I don't know more than what I learned about it during it's first season of bloom.
    I have already crossed 204-A to one of my better seedlings...:)...a seedling that performs very well for me here ( not everything does well here in Atlanta ) It has great form and bud count and is a cross of  (Chanted x Cachet).  I have never been able to get a decent photo of it because it is so dark, but it's sibs were all very pretty shades of orange, pink and pastels.  I have great hopes of taking the reds to pinks and carrying the spot pattern forward along with the blue beard.  Below is a photo of the seedling I write about above.  1401-B  has consistent fine form with one, sometimes two branches and up to five buds per stalk.  There is bright tangerine in the throat......Paul Hill