Re: AB seedling with pink

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] AB seedling with pink
  • From: "Francesca Thoolen" arilpums@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:47:16 -0700

Donald, Colors that come to my eye want to say apricot pink, pinkish beige. I love those colors and yet rather rare in AB's. I would line them out to review again next year with hopefully, a better climate for them than this year. Just for the color, maybe some things could be overlooked. If in your eye you are not satisfied I would certainly keep it to breed with. There are other OGBs with pink breeding from the TB side which could increase the possibility of more pink. Sometime the genes do get mixed during, is it miosis, and if that happens you might get some surprise sdlgs. You have it starting so maybe you are on a roll.
Good luck, that would be wonderful, pink OGS! with or without tangerine beards.
Francesca