RE: RE: photo: RH seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: RE: photo: RH seedling
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:05:31 EDT

    The (Merlin's Magic x Vera) is an RH seedling.  Merlin's Magic is a TET.
Vera has 7 seedlings of pure aril blood introduced, 6 of them using her as
a pod parent, and one as a pollen parent.  I think, when you spoke of Vera's
offspring being sterile, you were thinking of Ransom's "Vera-girls" series of
ABs, which are sterile.  This seedling of mine is fertile both ways.  Right
now I have seedlings germinated in the fridge from 2 crosses:  (Merlin's
Magic x Vera) x Eunice) produced just a few seeds, but they have
germinated.  (Merlin's Magic x Vera) x I. stolonifera) produced a podful, and
almost all have germinated in the fridge.  Those seeds I planted outdoors are
barely beginning to germinate.  Pollen from (MM x Vera) was used on SDBs,
MDBs, pumilas, IBs, and TBs just for fun.  I have no idea if any of those seeds
will germinate.....Elm