RE: Re: TB another surprise

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: TB another surprise
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:04:57 -0700

I really know what you mean about the difficulty in getting good branching and bud count.  Someone recently mentioned the great branching and bud count of Romantic Evening.  It has never bloomed more than five blossoms to a short stalk for me.  A good many other famous irises have done the same.  I am waiting a second year for Yaquina Blue to bloom at all.  Otherwise our iris season has been very good here and is still going strong.  A cool, dry April has enabled me to set many pods, more, I know, than I will be able to plant this fall.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9