HYB:foundations

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos]HYB:foundations
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:14:21 EDT

I thought I would share this.  This is one of my 2003 crosses.  Last spring, bloom was poor and very disappointing on most of these!  By poor I basically mean I didn't like anything in here!  I was basically waiting for bloom to be over so I could dig the whole bed.

Then some neat things started to show up.  There was the broken color iris, some blue bearded things, some nice variegatas, and now this!

The cross is 1811:  Double Dribble X 1502-3: (Silverado x Immortality) X ((Bridge In Time x (Feedback x Titan's Glory))

As these clumps grew I started to notice some really nice stalks!  Decided to mark this one to keep, just for the stalks!  On closer inspection, the bloom isn't too bad either.  Not perfect, but few are.

If I'd trashed them last year, I would have missed several really nice surprises!  Growth and stalk formation, height too, were so much better this year.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives