HYB: TB: Seedling with rounded falls

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: TB: Seedling with rounded falls
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 20:21:47 -0700

There has been an interesting discussion on Iris-talk about form in irises.  This seedling of mine is a very good example of rounded falls.  I happen to like it very much.  It is not an imposing iris but it is very consistent in form, size and vigor.  It always has nice stalks with seven buds.  I only had two survive from a cross I made several years ago (Pond Lily X Purple Pirouette).  The other was more spectacular but had a fatal flaw.  For three years I tried in vain to repeat that cross, but now I will be able to plant siblings for this one.  I feel that somewhere among them there may be a very remarkable iris.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

JPEG image