Hybridizing Question Please

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Hybridizing Question Please
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:33:07 -0500

I am curious and can't find any info written anywhere about this question.

If you combine the pollen from 2 parent plants onto the stigmatic lip of one bud, do both affect the pollination or does only one little individual piece of pollen actually cause the seed pod?  I know this probably seems like a foolish question, but one will never learn if one doesn't ask...so please bear with me! :)

Linda in Lascassas

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS