  • Subject: Re: Re: AB: CHILDSONG X ZERZURA
  • From: Kris Jensen <krisjensen@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 18:52:37 -0500

I would love to try!

SDBs and miniatures do very well here - they are some of my most
prolific iris, and they are so darn cute. I've just started growing
some IBs, and have about 20 varieties of TBs. That's not a lot compared
to most people on this list, but for a mixed perennial garden on a city
lot, I think it's pretty good. I have iris in bloom from late April
through early July, and last Autumn I had my first rebloom - Queen
Dorothy and Baby Blessed. It was so exciting!

When I retire in a few years I may even try my hand at hybridizing for
fun. Need to learn lots more about the genetics, though.

donald wrote:

> Kris,
> I think it might do pretty well. CHILDSONG is a result of FORTY WINKS
> X GENETIC ARTIST making it an RB- type AB. That means the aril is all
> regelia aril and those do better in cold and take more moisture than
> the oncocylous arils. FORTY WINKS is an SDB. Medians also like cooler
> temps. They generally are miserable here in Texas. In fact, I suspect
> much of what Elm Jensen produces might do well under your conditons.
> He uses medians and regelias a lot in his crosses. I've muddied the
> water a bit using ZERZURA as a parent, but the seedling should still
> have a strong component of regelia and median in its makeup. Wanna
> try :)?
> Donald

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group