Re: Culture Anyone knowthis Iris

  • Subject: Re: Culture Anyone knowthis Iris
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:30:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ted,
I remembered an old one as soon as I saw this one.  I know this is not going to be the one you are trying to id, but it may be related.   That silver indentation down the fall sure looked like I remember.
Jim Gibson introduced Mirror Mirror in 1979.  Here is the info from the Checklist.
    Sdlg. 46-3A.  TB,  38" (91 cm), EM.  S. yellow with greyed orange highlights, veins and lace; F. light yellow ground to white at beard, stitched greyed orange around lacy edge, silver stripe down center; ornage beard.  55-0A x 83-6B, sib to Summer Sunshine.  Gibson 1979
I could not find an image on the web.  Maybe someone will recognize your iris.  It looks about the same era as Mirror Mirror.  Hopes this rings a bell with someone else.
Jan in Chatsworth

tdhawk@att.net wrote:
Anyone know the name of this Iris, it has a line from the beard to the tip of the falls that is like a groove, that you can stick you finger nail in.  It is on all falls and all flowers on the plant.
I have never seen this before.  First time to bloom in my yard.
Thanks Ted

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.

Recent Activity