HYB: TB: Seedling bed today

  • Subject: HYB: TB: Seedling bed today
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:40:53 -0700

Hello, Everyone,

I took this picture of my seedling bed this morning.  The first two rows to the left are selected seedlings I lined out last fall.  The white stalk is my Cloud Reflection.  Seven new clumps of that have been in bloom continuously since March 5.

The pastel plicata in the foreground is a keeper, good growth, nice stalks, lots of buds, pretty.  This is second bloom for the middle row.  The first stalk of the lavender/purple bi-color in the middle won two thirds of the votes at the popularity show our iris club put on two weeks ago.  The tall pink at the far end of the same row is remarkable for putting up thirteen stalks, and it’s not blooming-out.  I will post a close up of one of its blossoms in a following message.

The all blue row to the right is first bloom on seedlings with rebloom parents.  Unfortunately not one of them so far has been as nice as my “Faux Yaquina Blue” which is a parent of all of them.  I saved pollen from that one to put on the real Yaquina Blue if I can ever get it to bloom for me.

Some of these lift my spirits.  I thought you might like to see my garden.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist