Re: Gilt edge seedling

  • Subject: Re: Gilt edge seedling
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:21:10 +0000

So Mike is this the 1st Generation with the gilded edges or was it present in either Twice Told or in your seedling (I'm assuming this is yours) J-214 or in Ghio seedling 983F and then passed on to your seedling s-454-p?
I have made crosses where the edging has been passed on but not as strong in the 1st generation but then reappears stronger in the 2nd generation or it skips a generation then reappears the following generation.   I have used the following along with others with varying degree of success.
Paul Black's  - Definitely Different
Painter's - Jealous Halo
My - Casting Crowns
Ghio's - Revere
Mego's - Slovak Prince
I should have several more seedlings 1st time bloom this spring with the gilded edges.
When your's is ready I'd love to try it with some of my seedlings that have the gilded edges, keep me in mind if you want to test grow it in a cold climate.

Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden

From: "orders at Sutton's" <orders@suttoniris.com>

Been working on this for a while but it has hard to figure out how to develop it.  Gilded edges on the standards don't seem to be dominate, will keep working for more.  So far this is the best one I have.  Anybody have any ideas on developing gilt edges?
Mike Sutton

seedling s-454-p:  (Twice Told x J-214: (Connie Sue)) X Ghio 983F
7 buds

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group