Re: Re: frost

  • Subject: Re: Re: frost
  • From: brimmsplace <brimmsplace@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:14:05 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the concern Griff.  "Alleuia" seems to be doing fine so far.  I've kept a 3 layer cotton sheet over it since Thursday and it got up to 50* today, so I uncovered it and gave a full day of sun.  Just covered it back up for the night.  Also noticed a second stalk emerging out of another increase, SWEET!
I think the coast will be clear after tomorrow night. As for the other plants in the yard, they didn't fair to well. Most of the hosta's that were up suffered major damage as well as a lot of the ostrich ferns that had come up too. Brunnera's are gone..Anemone's are toast...Crepe Myrtles and my Ginkgo have got to start all over. It's the most damage I can ever recall. As Betty said, "It will just give us more time for other chores around the home".
Best Easter wishes to you and your family Griff and to every other Irisarian out there.
"J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net> wrote:
Easter greetings to all who celebrate it!
Billy, I hope your efforts to save ALLELUIA will be successful.  --  Griff