Re: SDB Ice Pink

Great photo! Great name! Go for it!
Jan in Chatsworth

Dan Meckenstock <dmeck@eaglecom.net> wrote:
This special SDB ice pink is the product of years of breeding and, of course, divine intervention. Last night while I was sleeping the skies opened up and miraculously turned this early bird into an ice pink. Note the exceptional cold tolerance of this seedling. If this is not proof intelligent design then I do not know what is. I think I will release this little miracle for use in Barrow Alaska--call it PINK ICE CREAM.
On a more serious note, this seedling is an F1 derived from the cross (Infanta x Girl Pixie). Where Infanta is a light orange glaciata and Girl Pixie is pink. We know from this F1 that the genotype of Infanta is heterozygous TTtt, and homozygous oooo where T promotes the conversion of lycopene into beta-carotene and ?o? blocks the conversion of orange beta-carotene into yellow zeaxanthin. It is quite possible that Infanta?s TTtt genotype reduces its concentration of beta-carotene thus producing its light orange appearance.
Girl Pixie is pink and carries the tttt genotype.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group