AB: family portrait

  • Subject: AB: family portrait
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:23:55 -0500

The two parents here are 'Butterfly Wings' top left and the pollen parent
TCHA 'DEETCH top right. The seedlings that bloomed this year are below
them. Didn't accomplish what I'd hoped, which was a strongly lined bloom
with more pronounced aril form. I got the lines, but not the form. Not
strong substance here either. The influence of 'Butterfly Wings' is strong
enough that maybe a different pollen parent would do it and give the form
and substance. Or, with luck, maybe one of these seedlings will yield a pod
with viable seeds for another approach. 'Butterfly Wings' has registered TB
descendants, but not AB. Ultimately I like to add some sort of signal
pattern on those lines. A vee shaped one maybe. Or sort of the darker
coloring around the beard as seen in I. korolkowii.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

__._,_.___