CULT: out of the freezer

  • Subject: CULT: out of the freezer
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:28:25 -0500

It didn't freeze last night, and lows in the 40s are forecast for the next few days, so I expect an explosion of SDBs and IBs.  But the forecast also calls for rain 4 out of 5 days, beginning with "100% chance" tonight.  Actually, we need it, but I may be sending a lot of photos with raindrops  --  and we'll see which ones have the substance to hold up well.

Taking a good look at the garden today, I find, as reported previously, a lot of center leaves bent down to the ground and/or twisted.  Some of these are obviously bloom stalk fans, so I may try to shore up some bent leaves to prevent crooked bloomstalks (assuming I get bloomstalks on them).  Not sure it will work.

Another item of interest:  One or two of you mentioned very wide foliage this season.  Here, too.  There are more 2 3/4 - 3-inch wide leaves than I can count.

I mentioned a while back that I had flagged the "evergreen" TB clumps in the garden to see if they'd do anything differently from the rest.  Yep.  There are obvious bloomstalks on most of them.  I lost a couple of center bloomstalks on the greenies to winter kill, but the rest look okay.

So, I expect tomorrow to see some maiden-bloom SDBs "singin' in the rain".  --  Griff

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist