Re: interesting seedling

  • Subject: Re: interesting seedling
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:48:50 -0000

Hi Mike,

This is indeed a fascinating seedling. Note that not only are there
the dots, but also streaking of the base cartotenoid pigments.

I'd love to see photos of the siblings (I'm greedy, as I'd like to see
all the siblings) and I'd like t osee photo of L-12 and know it's
parentage back to registered iris.

I'll post my genetic analysis of this in awhile, meanwhile the info I
posted re BC and arils is relevent.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "orders at Sutton's" <orders@...>
wrote:

> will try to get pictures of the rest of the flowers, the posted
flower was the third bloom on the stalk and they all (so far) have the
same patterning.
> thanks
> Mike

see if there is any difference or variations in flower pattern. Make
sure you also post pictures next year to show how different if any
there is in the pattern in second year bloom. Thanks - Very Interesting

> Bob in Denver
> Iris4u Iris Garden

> From: "orders at Sutton's" <orders@...>
>

> First time I have seen this pattern....Border beard at 22" with
small flowers, grows well, 8 buds. (I've got rhythm x L-12) X Quantum
Leap. Not sure how to classify it... broken color space age dotted
thingy.
> Mike Sutton

4/12/2007 11:52 AM

__._,_.___